Travel and Visa restrictions related to COVID-19
Issued on 19-03-2020
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF ClVlL AVIATION
OPPOSITE SAFDARJUNG AIRPORT, NEW DELHI-110003
Sub: Travel and Visa restrictions related to COVID-19
In order to prevent the spread of CONVID 19 (Novel Corona Virus 2019) disease in lndia, all scheduled lndian and foreign airlines engaged in international air transportation to/from lndia are directed as under:
- No scheduled international commercial passenger aircraft shall take off from any foreign airport for any airport in lndia, after 0001 hrs GMT of March 22, 2020 (0530 hn lndian Standard Time (IST) of March 22, 2020). These instructions shall remain in force till 0001 hrs GMT of March 29, 2020.
- A maximum travel time of 20 hours is permissible for such commercial passenger aircraft to land in lndia.
- As such, no incoming scheduled international commercial passenger aircraft shall be allowed to disembark its passengers on lndian soil (Foreigner or lndian) after 2001 hrs GMT of March 22(0131 hrs IST of March 23,2020).
- These instructions are in addition to the travel restrictions1 advisories already issued and under implementation.
- The above are temporary measures to restrict the spread of COVID-19, and are subject to review by Government.
Please acknowledge the receipt and ensure strict compliance.
- All Scheduled Airlines operating flights to/from lndia;
- The Chairman, Airport Authority of lndia;
- All International Airport Operators in lndia.
- The Commissioner, Bureau of Immigration